• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root needed help with superuser & lockscreen downgrade

I'm in need of help. first & most Important, I just flashed the "skyraider" ROM to my thunderbolt got sense 2.1 with 3.0 lockscreen & superuser ain't working.

Also is there a way I can downgrade from the 3.0 lockscreen to the 2.1 lockscreen? I'm not a big fan of the whole "pull the ring" lockscreen. I love the "pull down bar".

Thanks in advance to anybody who helps me!

If the rom has been built with the 3.0 lock screen I don't think you can download. You may want to try UberBAMF I believe it allows you to choose what elements from 2.1 and 3.0 you want.

As for SU there is a flashable version you can get and flash to your phone to fix that.

Try the download in the OP here for superuser, flash in recovery

I downloaded the flashable SU, could you tell step by step how to get it on & working on my phone?

Also where would I find this "UberBAMF" ROM?

Upvote 0
Same here I hate having to do much to unlock my phone. I am not worried about security because it is almost always within 2 feet of me. I use widget locker with a back button unlock, I've had it since before I rooted my OG Droid and can't stand the sense lock screen, it also give more options than just unlock style so it is something everyone should look into.

Reactions: putz
Upvote 0
Thanks guys! I'm really happy with the results! the SU I got right away, but the WL took some working on to figure out. Now my Superuser is working again & I have the sense 2.X lockscreen! Once again thank you both, you guys are the best!

I can't seem to find the "Thanks" button on the thread, if you can tell me exactly where on the page it is, it would be appreciated!

Nevermind I found the "thanks" button.

Upvote 0
i know it seems very few people actually know how to hit the search button ;),but i agree its good to add things in for that reason. what may seem like unneccessary info at the time can be extremely helpful to people that come across the thread in a search months from now. newbies will continue to come as new phones come out and used ones pop up cheap,and eventually all of us here will be doing this in another forum so we should leave as much behind as we can :D

thats why it irritates me when someone starts a thread,then just says "nevermind,fixed it" without saying what they did to fix... that doesnt help future searchers at all! :eek:

just some random thots inspired by worms statement... carry on :p

Reactions: Tboltfan25
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones