• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Needed: /system/ file list for stock D321 build D32110c

t.burninator

Oct 10, 2011
high altitude
Well I finally borked it, this D321 no longer has a working lock screen, home button, or app switcher (long press menu key). I couldn't stand not having enough space to install new apps so I started going through various places and deleting various things. I naively decided to try to move /system/priv-apps/LGKeyguard.apk and related .odex to my microsd to save 14 MB; when it broke the lockscreen and home button I moved it back into /system where it goes but it didn't restore the functionality. I definitely did a system->general->storage-->cached data wipe while the apk was absent from the relevant directory.

So I intend to try to do a soft reset to try to reinitialize the Keyguard app; I don't know if it will work. First though I'd like to go through my /system/ looking for missing files because I'm not positive I didn't delete anything in /system/ outright before I made the mistake that killed my home button. Also I definitely did some /system/ tweaking when I first got the D321 and that was a long time ago.

Can anyone please provide a /system/ file list (with subdirectories) for the stock D321? Or any information relevant to my issue too would be appreciated. Thanks.

Reactions: Android__X
Well I finally borked it, this D321 no longer has a working lock screen, home button, or app switcher (long press menu key). I couldn't stand not having enough space to install new apps so I started going through various places and deleting various things. I naively decided to try to move /system/priv-apps/LGKeyguard.apk and related .odex to my microsd to save 14 MB; when it broke the lockscreen and home button I moved it back into /system where it goes but it didn't restore the functionality. I definitely did a system->general->storage-->cached data wipe while the apk was absent from the relevant directory.

So I intend to try to do a soft reset to try to reinitialize the Keyguard app; I don't know if it will work. First though I'd like to go through my /system/ looking for missing files because I'm not positive I didn't delete anything in /system/ outright before I made the mistake that killed my home button. Also I definitely did some /system/ tweaking when I first got the D321 and that was a long time ago.

Can anyone please provide a /system/ file list (with subdirectories) for the stock D321? Or any information relevant to my issue too would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hi, I'm a D320N user, but if I were you I would not bother searching for this list. You may use the LG flash tool with KDZ file and "update software" option. This should not erase any of your data.
After restoring stock catalogs you may try the Partition Table Tool that gives an extra storage space even when running a stock rom. Search for it, it's better than any cherry picking files to delete.

Upvote 0
Are you saying that if I do this I will be able to restore the stock filesystem in-place and I won't have to reinstall my apps?

That's right, if you do it the right way, it will only act as an update to the present system and correct the files you've replaced or deleted.
There are plenty of guides over the net, like this:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2797190

The most import thing is that you choose "normal flash" instead of "cse flash" and it will not wipe any data. I did it few times, but I'm not responsible for your phone.

Upvote 0
That's right, if you do it the right way, it will only act as an update to the present system and correct the files you've replaced or deleted.
There are plenty of guides over the net, like this:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2797190

The most import thing is that you choose "normal flash" instead of "cse flash" and it will not wipe any data. I did it few times, but I'm not responsible for your phone.

You liked my posts, so I suppose it worked for your phone? :)

Upvote 0
No, not yet, I installed some notification bar hacks to compensate for my lack of hardware buttons (turns out I broke the volume rocker too). The interface is decent. I'm going to put up with that until sometime next month when I don't find my phone indispensable, then I'll find the KDZ and follow your advice. I found the D321 KDZ somewhere on this forum once before so I'm not too worried about it for right now. Thanks for the tip; will definitely be trying the flash soon.

Upvote 0
You liked my posts, so I suppose it worked for your phone? :)

I found the kdz for build D32110d_00 and normal flashed it as type 3GQCT/PhoneMode DIAG in LG Flash Tool 2014. It was the most sketchy rom flash I've done since Windows Mobile 6 but it seems to have worked as described. Thanks for the tip.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones