• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New Android user

Welcome to Android Forums!

The first step to removing carrier "bloatware" is to root your phone, which will be explained in the section on rooting in the Orange San Francisco forum.

From a performance standpoint it really isn't necessary to remove the apps, and as long as you don't use them, they should have zero impact on the rest of Android.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the welcome. I paid for my phone up front with PAYG - then inserted a pay monthly SIM (so the number changed) with the credit being brought forward from the PAYG to up I had to buy. So I suppose that is why Orange Maps and Orange email don't want to play. Very soon the number should change again with PAC. I shan't touch Android until that kicks in, in case I have to go back to Orange. In the meantime, I shall lurk around the San Francisco forum, and learn before I leap.

Once again, thanks for the friendly greeting.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones