1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

New Charge Stock Update

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by luckyheel, Aug 16, 2012.

1. luckyheel

luckyheel Newbie

I just started getting a new stock update request and I'm trying to figure out how to stop it.

I've seen some threads regarding revision of the build.prop line item; however, I already changed it from EP4 to FP1 and I'm still getting the request to update after SEVERAL restarts...

Any ideas??

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Xtensageorge

Xtensageorge Newbie

3. ukrkoz

ukrkoz Well-Known Member

Make sure you have it either fixed or reverted back to stock, if you are on custom rom, or it will soft brick your phone, if you hit "install" on rooted phone.

4. HBLush

HBLush Member

I am rooted running tweaked 2.2 and accidentally hit to accept and apply the update. I was bracing for a soft brick and then BAM! nothing happened. It did it's thing, applied the update, and my phone works just fine. It could be just me but the update works, phone works, and there isn't update pop up any more. Who knew?

5. Xtensageorge

Xtensageorge Newbie

I read on chargeforums.com that there will be a Tweaked 2.3 available soon, which will be based on the FP5 update.

6. kraisydave

kraisydave Well-Known Member

Tweaked 3.0 is out in beta and almost finished. The dev is working hard and the ROM is great.

If you guys and gals run into anything for the charge feel free to jump over to my vids on youtube. I will not drop the charge so long as people keep asking for help.

Dave

7. stueycaster

stueycaster Member

whatever you have to do, take the update. Go back to EP4 Stock. Then take the 2 over the air updates. Then if you want get Tweaked 3.0 then get and apply "Tweaked v3.0 ROM + 0302 CWM recovery". FP5 is the best thing to ever happen to the Charge

Samsung Droid Charge Forum

The Samsung Droid Charge release date was May 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, GB RAM, Hummingbird processor, and 1600mAh battery.

May 2011
Release Date
Reviews