• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root New DHD want to root, goldcard required?

skyband123

Mar 1, 2010
UK
Hi guys, just moved on from owning a desire to a dhd. Only had it for about an hour and i want to root and flash a custom rom onto it. Just a few questions though.

The phone is sim free and not locked to any network and it is running 2.2.1. Now i know that i am going to have to downgrade it first but will i need to create a goldcard first?

software number is 1.72.405.3

thanks.

you shouldn't need to, as far as i'm aware they're only for de-branding a phone

They can also be used to downgrade from an unrootable firmware, if that's what your phone comes with.

cheers guys, ive done perm root using visionary. soon i'll have a custom rom on it. Is CM7 based on android 2.3 and does it come with sense? i want a stable custom rom w/o sense bogging it down, any ideas on what to go for?

CM7 is based on gingerbread and doesn't come with HTC Sense. It's what I'm running at the moment and I haven't had any issues with it.

Reactions: skyband123
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones