• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New E3D battery doesn't charge [resolved]

lightYear

Lurker
Nov 22, 2009
I found this thread because I just received my EVO 3D and plugged it in. A co-worker also did... neither of us have a charging light on the phone - at all. We don't want to power on the phone just yet so I'm wondering if anyone else can report anything.

I'm going to leave it like that for another hour or so before initial power up but this is very strange...

I found this thread because I just received my EVO 3D and plugged it in. A co-worker also did... neither of us have a charging light on the phone - at all. We don't want to power on the phone just yet so I'm wondering if anyone else can report anything.

I'm going to leave it like that for another hour or so before initial power up but this is very strange...

You need to open the back and remove the battery, there is a piece of protective plastic in the way of the contacts. I've seen too many unboxing videos apparently.

Upvote 0
You need to open the back and remove the battery, there is a piece of protective plastic in the way of the contacts. I've seen too many unboxing videos apparently.

I was JUST coming back to post this. My co-worker and I were puzzled... then it hit us that the illustration on the plastic wrap of the phone showed the battery removal in a strange way. We realized it wasn't just showing "HOW" to remove it, but that you had to remove it and then remove the plastic sheet protector thinggy. Thanks for the heads up, though, too!

Reactions: PyroSporker
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones