• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help new here give me tips and tricks for my nexus s

hey guys my names Dakota. I have had the evo 4g and my charger port broke so the store gave me a nexus s instead since the evo was on back order. I have a few question's. how can I make my battery last longer. I have juice defender but the battery doesn't seem to last any longer than my evo did. which was just barely acceptable. also I noticed the stock txt message app won't let you send more than 160 characters. I downloaded an other app and anymore than one page and it was gibberish. I finally found an app that? works great and doesn't do all of that. but was curious as to why it does it in the first place. also if anyone wants to give me insight on neat apps and different things and apps that work well with this phone I would appreciate it. thanks all I'm glad to be there.

Check under settings and battery use which apps are using the most battery life. You might have background processes that are eating your battery. If you don't need them, you could stop/uninstall them. My battery (Nexus S) lasts me through the day (8+ hours) with light use. I get about 5 hours with heavy use (games, videos, browsing, etc).

160 characters is a limit imposed by the SMS technology itself. It's like that on every phone. Deciding not to split your message turns it into an MMS message, which not everyone can receive.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones