• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New ICS Leak .239

There is not yet a .240 and ICS may be delayed until Q4

Latest Droid Bionic ICS Leak - Page 2

SamuriHL said:
I wanna clear some stuff up in this thread First off, I was expecting that 240 would be released last week due to the presence of the 239 engineering build. I was clearly mistaken. I had heard that the boot img for the next build would be changed, so, a few of us on rombot were discussing what we'd do *IF* the next build blocked root. This somehow got construed as "240 definitely blocks root". Classic case of, um, well....telephone. hehe.
smile.png
As you can see, 240 never materialized and word on the street is that ICS for Bionic has been delayed into q4 now. For those not on 235+ I have always maintained that 232 is as high as you should go so that in the end you can FXZ back to 905 and take whatever OTA we end up getting. Those of us on 235+ have a far more complicated path ahead of us. As for the accusation of "withholding information" I try very hard to balance what's been told to me *PRIVATELY* vs what I can and am able to share *PUBLICLY*. I would hope that people can understand that particular balance. Hopefully that clears everything up. If not, let me know and I'll answer anything I'm able to.

Reactions: OutOfPhase
Upvote 0
Yeah, I read further into that thread. It makes it sound like there's a major foul up with Bionic's ICS build. I'm rather glad Razr is the one they are doing experiments on and not us.

However, do you think ICS may get cancelled for Bionic, or because of all the promises they don't have much choice but to make sure it comes out?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones