• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root New Jager ROM released (1.6.2) Vanilla

How is the battery life on this rom? Do you notice a big difference with how long the battery lasts with much of sense removed?

I find it to be better. I am not going to say it is a lot better but it is a noticeable difference. I have not been able to really test the battery that well because I cant seem to put my Incredible down after this ROM. It's like having a new phone again!

Reactions: dcesq06
Upvote 0
I find it to be better. I am not going to say it is a lot better but it is a noticeable difference. I have not been able to really test the battery that well because I cant seem to put my Incredible down after this ROM. It's like having a new phone again!

Phone?

YOU MEAN YOU CAN MAKE PHONE CALLS ON THIS THING ALSO!!!! I learn something new everyday:D

Upvote 0
No, and I meant to quote the guy saying it was down. Too much homework tonight. What is HTC complaining about?

You know I am not sure. Earlier he had posted something on the home page about how HTC had NOT sent him anything but later goes on in the disclaimer about not taking any chances hosting files because of HTC's behavior towards the community.

Maybe its just me but the site is kinda hard to follow. It always has responses to aticles that are pingbacks to ROMs and other stuff unrelated to the acticle....

Upvote 0
Out of curiosity:

1) What are the chances of "unlocking" 720p video capture? Not a huge deal for me, but just curious if 720p could be unlocked in software or if it's hardware-related.

2) My trackpad could be a little more sensitive. What I do NOT like is that the sensor seems to factor in "acceleration," so if I can move a finger LENGTH across the sensor, about halfway through the scrolling will speed up significantly. I really hate that.

3) Is it possible to get HTC Calendar widget working with Launcher Pro? Or even with other launchers or just working in a Vanilla ROM? I love the agenda widget, very good looking, SCROLLABLE (!).

Thanks a ton to the community for unlocking the true potential of this phone. You guys are awesome. I really wish I was talented enough to help out.

My biggest gripe is battery life and I hope the low voltage kernel will allow me to return the 2150 mAh battery and just get a second 1500 mAh for back up. I love the sleekness of the phone with the hard silicone case; that's gone with the extended battery.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones