• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help New Lg Connect. A few questions.

Lyric5665

Lurker
Aug 14, 2012
Hi. I'm new to this website. I bought the LG Connect yesterday and already have a few questions. Possibly dumb questions that have been answered on this forum already. Please forgive me. I am usually very good with electronics.
First, I can't hear the ringtone for my calendar events. I know how to change the ringtone for other things but I can't figure out how to change this. I know this must be a simple question. But I dont know how to do it.
Second, does everyone's battery die so fast? Within about four hours? Did I make a mistake buying a phone that can't last a day?

Thanks so much.

did you go into your calander app, go to settings, go to reminder settings and select a ringtone? maybe setting alerts and notifications to alert. you may not have to set it to alert. i dont know as i've never actually used the calender for anything.

you battery going dead in just 4 hours shouldnt happen even with the stock battery. what are you doing on your phone?

Upvote 0
When you open the calendar app you can press the phone's menu key to bring up the settings. Choose the ringtone there.

The battery does suck but four hours?. You must have a really bad battery or you're just running hella shiet at once. Download a data toggle from the market and turn off your data when not in use. It will double your battery life. There's tons more tips to help improve it around this forum if you look. Good luck.

Upvote 0
Hi. I'm new to this website. I bought the LG Connect yesterday and already have a few questions. Possibly dumb questions that have been answered on this forum already. Please forgive me. I am usually very good with electronics.
First, I can't hear the ringtone for my calendar events. I know how to change the ringtone for other things but I can't figure out how to change this. I know this must be a simple question. But I dont know how to do it.
Second, does everyone's battery die so fast? Within about four hours? Did I make a mistake buying a phone that can't last a day?

Thanks so much.

WELCOME TO AF LYRIC 5665 ;) I could answer question #2 battery is not so good if your not rooted and planning on staying stock I recommend you get powermax it a really good app to turn of your data completely your battery will last the whole day, if your going to root root your phone you will be able to disable alot of apps from running in your background, I recommend you to first read before you do anything to your device. Let us know if you need help on anything were here to help;)

Upvote 0
WELCOME TO AF LYRIC 5665 ;) I could answer question #2 battery is not so good if your not rooted and planning on staying stock I recommend you get powermax it a really good app to turn of your data completely your battery will last the whole day, if your going to root root your phone you will be able to disable alot of apps from running in your background, I recommend you to first read before you do anything to your device. Let us know if you need help on anything were here to help;)

What app will let me control the apps that run in the background?

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones