• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root NEW LG Venice

I have had this phone for a little less than 30 days. The touch screen sucks. More than half the time I click on one item and another opens. When using contacts the phone will dial a contact four places away. WIFI seems to always turn itself on and drain the battery even when I am not using the internet.

Bluetooth will fail for no reason. The mute button turns on all by itself 3/4 of the phone calls I make.

Often when I dial a number the phone sends the call even though I am not finished dialing the number and I did not touch the send button.

I tried a factory "hard reset" and it help a little, however, the same problems still exist. I think the phone has a bug or was part of a bad batch. Boost tells me to contact LG and LG tells to contact Boost.

I would never recommend this phone. There are several other phones that work much better for the same price or less.

Upvote 0
Don't know about yours, but the battery life on my Venice isn't even a day on standby. Even with a cheap Chinese 2450mAh battery I can barely get a day of light-average use.

So far the phone is decent but am getting quite frustrated. The battery life is terrible. WiFi randomly turns on even with it set to 'Never' in the "Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep" advanced menu. Also the battery saver option doesn't automatically turn on when it reaches the preset battery level. I have to unlock my phone and hit 'Ok' before it actually turns on. Even if I have it set to always be on, each and every time I unlock it I have to hit the 'Ok' button to activate it.

This is my first Android phone and so far disappointed with the hype. If there is something I am missing or can do to remedy my issues please let me know. TYIA.

PS-Best case I've found is the "Aimo 3 IN 1 High Impact Combo Hard Soft Gel Case" on Amazon. Gives it nice heft, stays on the phone, and protects it nicely.

Well I only use Wi-Fi and don't bother with power saving mode. I get 7-8 hours of constant usage. Music, Wi-Fi, Facebook, Text Plus, some videos, and that's usually with full brightness 90% of the time. With lighter usage 10-12. Stock battery. I don't really have any software issues aside from the old chip not being as snappy.

Upvote 0
Does no one else own this phone yet?

I would not buy thing phone again. After less than 30 days and the run around form LG and my service provider, all a waste of time and effort.

I need to purchase another phone that actually works for phone calls. My phone tuns on the mute button several times during the same phone call.

Also, the bluetooth headset will fail to connect with no warning and for no reason.

Yes the camera works great, however, I purchased a phone and need a phone that works! IF I wanted a good camera, I would have a gee bought a camera?

Upvote 0
I Purches The Boost Mobile LG Venice
About April Of 2013 Works Perfectly.
Now Here it is Almost A Year Things started going wrong. It first started with the battery life. I would have my phone on the charger all night. as soon as I wake up my phone fully charge but soon as I take it off the charger not even five minutes its already giving low battery signal.
So latter doing that week here in chicogo it gets cold. I left my phone
in my jeep for about three hours.
I went to turn my phone on and it would not work so I though it was dead i happen to turn my phone over
and look into the camera I seen like acid bubbles. then i figure maybe it got wet. i try to blow dry it out liquid started ozzing out the battery side. then i took it to the store with my Warranty at geek squad they said that these type of phones have metal liquid near the camera and being that its cold outside and if you have heat near your phone it will cause your phone to get fogy which will cause the metal liquid acid to leak down through your phone. and the best thing to do is air it out for a few days. but I just got a new phone with my Warranty. the same thing happened with a few of my friends. this phone is not a good quality phone do not purches it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones