• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New Moto Droid Owner

Hey everybody, just picked up a used Moto Droid (original) to replace my old Samsung Omnia. Its got some scratches here and there but the screen is mint and Im loving the Android OS so far. I don't really know too much about it, but the phone has been rooted to run Android 2.2 and seems to have a Lithium Mod ROM on it. If anyone could point me in the direction on how to remove this and get back to original 2.2 id appreciate it. Will doing a hard reset unroot the phone and get rid of 2.2?

Also, the phone came with a 16gb SD card which I believe is standard...however, for some reason the phone wont detect it. When plugged in and going to Gallery or Camera I get a popup saying to insert and SD card. When I plug this same card into my PC it reads it fine. I tried re-formatting the card and re-inserting it but still the same result. And on top of that, I plugged in my 4gb SD card from my previous phone and the phone read it just fine!! What is going on?? Obv im new here and Ill be searching around to try and figure this out on my own, but if anyone could help me with either of these two issues it would be appreciated!

Thanks! Ive tried formatting with FAT32 and tried re-inserting it several different ways and it still wont read the card for some reason. Im going to try out one of my friends 16gb cards from their Droid2, and see if mine will work in theirs. Hopefully that will sort it out.

Cool! That was going to be my next suggestion... try a difference MicroSD card. Sounds like you've got this well under control.

Upvote 0
Thanks!

Hopefully Ill have this SD card issue solved tomorrow, I may just have to opt for a new one. I just flashed a new ROM to replace Lithium MOD, which I didnt like...phone is very snappy and Im having a great time playing around with different apps and settings. Android is miles ahead of the old Windows Mobile that I was used to from my Omnia. I already don't regret switching.

Having said that, I'm open to suggestions for any great apps you guys might recommend!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones