• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New multi-touch for gallery support!!!!!

Use some caution...I installed the Droid version and it may have hosed my phone. I've been unable to launch any app after installing it - tapping any icon had no response. Rebooted the phone twice. After second reboot, was able to launch the phone app, exited it after looking at call log an am now staring at a blank screen for about a minute, then returned to home screen. Gmail wouldn't open. Email would open, but when pressed back same issue - goes to blank screen for 30 or more seconds and then back to home page.

Majority of apps won't run...bizarre - I may have to do a reset.

Upvote 0
Use some caution...I installed the Droid version and it may have hosed my phone. I've been unable to launch any app after installing it - tapping any icon had no response. Rebooted the phone twice. After second reboot, was able to launch the phone app, exited it after looking at call log an am now staring at a blank screen for about a minute, then returned to home screen. Gmail wouldn't open. Email would open, but when pressed back same issue - goes to blank screen for 30 or more seconds and then back to home page.

Majority of apps won't run...bizarre - I may have to do a reset.

Don't reset just boot in safe mode by holding down hole spa button while booting up.

Upvote 0
Can't recover...uninstalled Gallery and Weather Channel also just in case (only other app I installed today - about four hours earlier).

Majority of apps won't open, when I exit ones that will run go to a blank screen for ~30s, then finally back to the home page.

Just did a reset ... <sigh>

Can't prove that this app did this, but my problems started immediately after install. Unknown if this app was conflicting with other apps on already on my system.

Upvote 0
OK - this is either well beyond a problem w/the Gallery program, or it has really hosed my phone.

I uninstalled it and Weather Channel, reset the phone and am having the same problem again...apps won't run when I tap on them. I can't even get into settings right now...

Never seen or heard of anything like this...

Booted safe mode, didn't really help... :(

Upvote 0
Installed it last night and uninstalled it 2 minutes later. Pinch to zoom "works" sort of. It will zoom albeit with some lag but it is rather difficult to zoom out without having to lift your fingers off the screen and retrying. Pinch to zoom in picsay is 100x better than this implementation.

i think it works pretty good!

this app is a good start. hopefully google will add multitouch and better implement it. uninstalled as i'm not sure why internet access is required. i'm starting to get worried about why all these third party apps need so much access to my phone's capabilities.

i am in the same boat.... nice but i can live without it till it implemented into the normal gallery without net access.

i know some people are able to see what programs are caling out to as far as net access.. i havn't dove that far in yet, but maybe someone who has can tell us what if anything they are using net access for?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones