• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help New owner, HD mounting, or some kind of front end?

moespeeds

Sep 22, 2010
I bought the X a few days ago because of the WIFI hotspot feature. I'm not a big fan of touchscreen phones but I'm getting used to it. I came from 3 years of Blackberrys, most recently the Tour which I loved. Blackberry, you just plug the phone into the USB cable, and it mounts the HD so you can access all your files and browse the phone as if it's a hard drive. Using the Blackberry Front End software, it automatically syncs your Outlook contacts, calendars, notes, Media, etc seamlessly. I plug in my X, and nothing happens. It doesn't even charge! I downloaded the Motorola drivers, and still nothing. Am I missing something obvious? This thing has got to mount, right?? I got the calendar and contacts thing fixed using a Gmail account. Really lame but it's a workaround I can live with. Now to just be able to drag and drop files back and forth, how does it work? Thanks!

Ok i hope i understood your issue right if so do this, pull down the status bar that is on the top once you plug in your usb cable, then select "use as storage" and click ok and it should connect to your computer as a hard drive/thumb drive....you should always properly disconnect, so your data doesn't get corrupted. Now if you leave the "use as storage" setting anytime you plug your droid into the computer it will automatically popup without you doing anything. Hope this works

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones