• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help New SD card issue

JG-1

Jul 18, 2010
I bought the Sandisk 32GB card from Verizon and am trying to transfer the data from the 8 to the 32.

Here's the problem........my 8GB card I named "ANDROID". When opened, all the subfolders of "ANDROID" showed.

Now after I transferred everything to the 32GB card, "ANDROID" is now a subfolder in the card (instead of "ANDROID" being the main folder of the card), and I keep getting four other subfolders along with "ANDROID".....albumthumbs, dcim, LOST.DIR, tessdata.

How do I make ANDROID the main folder on the card and get rid of those other subfolders? i tried formatting the card and reinstalling but the same thing is happening.

Also, with the new card, in my gallery, "camera shots" is now coming up as "100MEDIA", and I can't get rid of "All downloads" in the gallery even though it's unchecked.

Any idea whats happening?

I tried just dragging the old card to the new card, I tried copying the old card and pasting it to the new card, and I also tried DL'ing the old card to my Mac and then copying the new folder to the new card. All give the same result.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones