• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New sim card, will phone contacts remain?

Im on 3 uk and i got my upgrade (SE C905 to Samsung Galaxy Portal) but my new price plan doesnt come into affect untill the 14th of June, so i need to spend a month with Android and be stuck to Wifi :( what i was wondering is, when i put the new sim card in, will the contacts on the phone remain or will i have to go through the painful process of sorting them all again?

GT-I5700
2.1-update1
i5700EXXJC1
2.6.29 root@SE-S611 #2
ECLAIR.XXJCD

Matters on your old phone. I had an iphone 3gs and it did not store the contacts on the sim card. I had to load them into itunes then save it (to a file), and pull that file up to my gmail account. My nexus one then synced up.

In my phone before that, I had an option to save all contacts to SIM card. I did that and when I put the sim card in my iphone, all the contacts loaded in when I told it to.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones