• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New Tablet Questions

jmal

Lurker
Nov 29, 2010
Hi All. This is my first post here, so I hope I'm in the correct forum.

I have just recieved an Android Tablet from a friend as a pres and Im looking for some advice. The tablet is a new prixton T100 Android tablet.

Spec is:

- 7" Resistive Touch 16:9.
- Android 1.6
- ARM9 550Mhz
- 265MB Ram
- 2GB
- WiFi
- USB 2.0 Mini
- SD Card Slot
- 3G WCDMA (External)

My questions is

1. Can I download Flash Player for this Tablet which will run all flash media. Some of the Players will not play on my tablet.
  2. My AppMarket is very limited with only Free Apps available. Where can if find more apps for this version of Android. (1.6)
  3. I cannot convert any video to playback on my tablet. Any suggestions on what codex I need to use to resolve this issue?

Thanks in advance for the help.

J

Hi All. This is my first post here, so I hope I'm in the correct forum.

I have just recieved an Android Tablet from a friend as a pres and Im looking for some advice. The tablet is a new prixton T100 Android tablet.

Spec is:

- 7" Resistive Touch 16:9.
- Android 1.6
- ARM9 550Mhz
- 265MB Ram
- 2GB
- WiFi
- USB 2.0 Mini
- SD Card Slot
- 3G WCDMA (External)

My questions is

1. Can I download Flash Player for this Tablet which will run all flash media. Some of the Players will not play on my tablet.
  2. My AppMarket is very limited with only Free Apps available. Where can if find more apps for this version of Android. (1.6)
  3. I cannot convert any video to playback on my tablet. Any suggestions on what codex I need to use to resolve this issue?

Thanks in advance for the help.

J

Unfortunately I do not believe you can... Flash 10.1 requires Android 2.2 or later... the Flash lite Flash 9.1 will tun on Android 2.1 but I'm not aware of a version for ealier Andorid versions and Lite it's very useful anymore as Most sites folks want are using Flash 10 as been available for PC for quite some time now...

Upvote 0
If you don't have the google market, you can go directly to the Skyfire website and download Skyfire for Android. This browser allows you to view flash content.
As for other apps, you will probably need to side load your apps if it's possible. So you'll need to download the apk file, put it in your sd card then install your apps that way. Just google around for app stores online for android to find more apps.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones