• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help New to Android phones - converting .m4v to view on Fascinate

emiko45

Lurker
Oct 22, 2010
Hey everyone, I'm new (woohoo Best Buy free phone Friday!) and an Iphone convert. We have several movies on our PC which we previously were able to view on our Iphones. These are digital version movies that were bundled with blu-rays and are .m4v. I am trying to figure out how to watch these on my Fascinate. I have DL'd HandBrake and when selecting the movie under "Source" am getting the attached error. I click OK and it lets me continue, but once I try to start the conversion it just sits at 0%.

Any advice? Easy tutorials (for Handbrake or any other converter that will get me what I need)? THanks in advance!

Attachments

• handbrake error.jpg
    handbrake error.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 79
Hey everyone, I'm new (woohoo Best Buy free phone Friday!) and an Iphone convert. We have several movies on our PC which we previously were able to view on our Iphones. These are digital version movies that were bundled with blu-rays and are .m4v. I am trying to figure out how to watch these on my Fascinate. I have DL'd HandBrake and when selecting the movie under "Source" am getting the attached error. I click OK and it lets me continue, but once I try to start the conversion it just sits at 0%.

Any advice? Easy tutorials (for Handbrake or any other converter that will get me what I need)? THanks in advance!
m4v's have encryption you will need to bypass

Upvote 0
ok I've been doing more research, and I'm pretty frustrated... a large part of the reason we got the phones is for the awesome display, but it seems there is no good way to get full movies onto it? The digital copies that come w/blu ray won't work bc of DRM, and there is no site like ITunes where I can download movies, right?

How does everyone get their movies on these phones? Or do we need to keep one of our IPhones as a movie player?

Upvote 0
I used the same Handbrake you have to convert dozens of DVD's to MP4's. I used something called ANYDVD [3 week free trial] to pair with Handbrake and then converted the ones I wanted to. I'd do 4-6 a night and after a couple weeks [before the trial ended] I was GTG.
Im not very family with m4v's. But just about everything plays mp4's. So then though avi's are smaller and do play on our SF mp4's are fine. My son has the ipod touch so he can dump mp4's there as well

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones