• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root New to Rooting. Help pls?

Hello, and welcome to Android Forums.

First off, if you're looking for a quick way to "jailbreak" your phone like an iPhone, then you'll be greatly disappointed when your phone does something that you don't want. With all due respect, you sound as if that is what you want. Rooting is WAY more immersive than jailbreaking an iPhone, and with one wrong move, your 510 will be rendered useless. Trust me, I've done that more than one time.

Rooting also presents a bigger security hole that hackers can utilize to do malicious things with your phone. If you do decide to root, then you better have good antivirus software installed before you start doing things.

There are a ton of rooting guides online that one could access, but if you don't have access to a computer, then you're very limited to how you can do it.

~Jonathin

Reactions: scary alien
Upvote 0
Hello, and welcome to Android Forums.

First off, if you're looking for a quick way to "jailbreak" your phone like an iPhone, then you'll be greatly disappointed when your phone does something that you don't want. With all due respect, you sound as if that is what you want. Rooting is WAY more immersive than jailbreaking an iPhone, and with one wrong move, your 510 will be rendered useless. Trust me, I've done that more than one time.

Rooting also presents a bigger security hole that hackers can utilize to do malicious things with your phone. If you do decide to root, then you better have good antivirus software installed before you start doing things.

There are a ton of rooting guides online that one could access, but if you don't have access to a computer, then you're very limited to how you can do it.

~Jonathin

Don't scare the poor guy with all the worst scenarios. [emoji33] Lol. You sound like a Cricket employee.. [emoji12] It's all good tho. User education is key, like not installing app from an untrusted source. Always always be careful and DON'T install anything unless it's from the Playstore or forums you know (like here @ AF & XDA Developers). Rooting actually allows better security capabilities, and is LESS immersive than jailbreaking iCrap devices since you have virtually no choice but to change OS's with those (last I checked), FYI. You can easily smoke an iPhone with a Rooted/tweaked low level Android - I've done it twice to this point. It gives administrative access to all system files to enable Root user APK's and such to accomplish your goals. After being shown the benefits of Rooting I've never looked back, actually avoiding unRootable devices when I can. Do some research and read, read, READ everything until you are personally confident of the steps needed to complete your task. Even if it means taking pics with other devices as a reference to ensure no mistakes. Because accidentally erasing the wrong folder or file could turn the device into a paperweight. Yes, I have bricked a favorite device by not paying attention/ being careless as well. As to Cricket wireless - Shinru2004 is a top Developer I respect who got employed by Cricket and I'd run his ROMs & use his software in a heartbeat if he still Developed for us on Boost Mobile devices. I say "Give it a Go!" after due research of course. I'm gonna alert the Mods for ya to get this thread in the correct place to get you more help and other threads of same device to research while you wait for help. [emoji41] Welcome to Android Forums!

Upvote 0
Don't scare the poor guy with all the worst scenarios. [emoji33] Lol. You sound like a Cricket employee.. [emoji12] It's all good tho. User education is key, like not installing app from an untrusted source. Always always be careful and DON'T install anything unless it's from the Playstore or forums you know (like here @ AF & XDA Developers). Rooting actually allows better security capabilities, and is LESS immersive than jailbreaking iCrap devices since you have virtually no choice but to change OS's with those (last I checked), FYI. You can easily smoke an iPhone with a Rooted/tweaked low level Android - I've done it twice to this point. It gives administrative access to all system files to enable Root user APK's and such to accomplish your goals. After being shown the benefits of Rooting I've never looked back, actually avoiding unRootable devices when I can. Do some research and read, read, READ everything until you are personally confident of the steps needed to complete your task. Even if it means taking pics with other devices as a reference to ensure no mistakes. Because accidentally erasing the wrong folder or file could turn the device into a paperweight. Yes, I have bricked a favorite device by not paying attention/ being careless as well. As to Cricket wireless - Shinru2004 is a top Developer I respect who got employed by Cricket and I'd run his ROMs & use his software in a heartbeat if he still Developed for us on Boost Mobile devices. I say "Give it a Go!" after due research of course. I'm gonna alert the Mods for ya to get this thread in the correct place to get you more help and other threads of same device to research while you wait for help. [emoji41] Welcome to Android Forums!
Yeah, even without rooting your phone, you can get weird things like uninstallable apps and sudden root privileges. Even if you don't want to root, be careful with APKs. I've seen that too many times before, and I actually managed to brick a phone before doing that. I threw it (Huawei m865c) at the wall yesterday because it had no use anymore.

Upvote 0
Yeah, even without rooting your phone, you can get weird things like uninstallable apps and sudden root privileges. Even if you don't want to root, be careful with APKs. I've seen that too many times before, and I actually managed to brick a phone before doing that. I threw it (Huawei m865c) at the wall yesterday because it had no use anymore.
I'm not a fan of Huawei, myself as they're virtually unRootable/unROMable here in USA but it's the opposite in Asia. All I can say is that you must have had flawed software that came shipped on the device. We've actually HAD to Root our Warp Sequent to find & fix the flawed software. ZTE was even stalking the Devs here to find out our fixes & how..

Reactions: Jonathin_ramos
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones