• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help New to Spica and have some questions

raziel4ever

Lurker
Oct 18, 2010
Hi. I'm portuguese so i apologize for my english writting skills.

I got a spica recently and so far i'm likeing it, but i have some questions about it.

I've googled around and searched this forum but couldn't find all the awnsers i need.

First: is there any way to reduce de battery drain on spica? it doesnt even last one day...I've read around that if i change the HOME (aka pantheon) it will reduce the drain but how to do it? does it really solve the drain issue? and if so, are there any complications of doing that?

Also about the root, if i make a partition on my sd card, will it improve my spica's performance, or will i just have more space for apps?

Sorry for shooting all these questions in one post but i didn't want to make several posts since this is all related, how to improve performance and reduce battery drain.

Thank you for your time and hope you can help me in some way to solve this.

Put the Power widget on one of your home screens. This allows you to see whats running. ie Wifi, bluetooth, GPS screen brightness. Turn off what you're not using.

Launcher Pro and ADW Launcher are 2 of the best Home App replacements.

Install them and have a play around.

Rooting the phone allows your further customisation, including moving Apps2SD and installing a speed boost such as Samdroid Turbo.

Reactions: raziel4ever
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones