1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Newb, with a MMS picture question

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by sk8ordie, Dec 29, 2012.

1. sk8ordie

sk8ordie Lurker

I just returned to Android after IOS, I've had Android before with the same problem. I get picture messages on my Note 2 and they come in smaller than the screen and come in as a video? ? I can't super size them without saving them to my phone or Sd card and I hate doing all that to see a picture that I don't wanna save our keep. Weird thing is a majority of the photos do this but some come through as normal large photos. Anyway to alleviate this problem? I'll use the search function when I can get deeper into all the threads. Thanks for all the help, Ron

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Cid67

Cid67 Member

I have the exact same problem on my Note II freakin annoying..
    I installed Handcent app but still have to save then open..

3. It's doing that because you are sending/receiving pictures with text so it makes it a stupid slide show. You have to send/receive pictures with no text for them to go full screen. If you want to see pictures full screen you can't send/receive them with text. Nothing you can really do if other people send pictures with text though.

KOLIO and sk8ordie like this.
  4. sk8ordie

sk8ordie Lurker

I went and checked and you're correct. I do have one or two texts that are small and slide show format with no text in it??? It did this with my HTC a few years ago and drove me nut's, lol. I'll have to live with it I guess.:D

5. tipopilota

tipopilota Member

To fix this install Go SMS. It works great and your pics come like they should. Yes I agree the default for how pics come is annoying in the default text app.

sk8ordie likes this.
  6. bugeyeblue

bugeyeblue Well-Known Member

I tired a bunch of SMS apps today because of this problem. I didn't like any of them except chomp SMS. It doesn't do any of this converting crap and its free. It has a very iOS feel to it, which I like. Its one of the only things I miss from my iPhone 5.

Cid67 and sk8ordie like this.
  7. sk8ordie

sk8ordie Lurker

Me too :D I won't be going back to IOS unless they do a major upgrade to the IOS system. iPhone isn't fun unless it's jailbroken.

8. lcneed

lcneed Android Enthusiast

Download Go SMS Pro
    Download Go SMS Emoji Plugin
    Select iPhone Theme
    Set MMS Settings -> Max MMS size to 5Mb
    Check Preserve image resolution
    Set Send Settings -> Check MMS Group Chat

Now your Go SMS app would act just like the iPhone message app. :p And your group chat will work with all your iPhones friends.

sk8ordie and bugeyeblue like this.

Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note 2 release date was September 2012. Features and Specs include a 5.5" inch screen, 8MP camera, 2GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 3100mAh battery.

September 2012
Release Date
Reviews