• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Newb, with a MMS picture question

I just returned to Android after IOS, I've had Android before with the same problem. I get picture messages on my Note 2 and they come in smaller than the screen and come in as a video? ? I can't super size them without saving them to my phone or Sd card and I hate doing all that to see a picture that I don't wanna save our keep. Weird thing is a majority of the photos do this but some come through as normal large photos. Anyway to alleviate this problem? I'll use the search function when I can get deeper into all the threads. Thanks for all the help, Ron

It's doing that because you are sending/receiving pictures with text so it makes it a stupid slide show. You have to send/receive pictures with no text for them to go full screen. If you want to see pictures full screen you can't send/receive them with text. Nothing you can really do if other people send pictures with text though.

I went and checked and you're correct. I do have one or two texts that are small and slide show format with no text in it??? It did this with my HTC a few years ago and drove me nut's, lol. I'll have to live with it I guess.:D

Upvote 0
I tired a bunch of SMS apps today because of this problem. I didn't like any of them except chomp SMS. It doesn't do any of this converting crap and its free. It has a very iOS feel to it, which I like. Its one of the only things I miss from my iPhone 5.
Me too :D I won't be going back to IOS unless they do a major upgrade to the IOS system. iPhone isn't fun unless it's jailbroken.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones