• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Newbie question on Desire S+HTC Sense 3.0 shut down

lostes123

Lurker
Oct 24, 2011
Hello all,

I bought the Desire S a while ago and I've been using and loving it ever since.

However yesterday I updated to HTC Sense 3.0 and now I can't seem to find the function to restart or shutdown my phone.

It used to be that I could keep the power button pressed for a few seconds and a menu would pop-up. But all that does now is lock the screen no matter how long I keep the button pressed.

Any help would be appreciated!

Mine has this same problem after updating. I asked HTC and they suggested...wait for it...to try a factory reset. I don't want to do this if possible because my phone has not long been back from repair and I have just got it back to all my settings etc.

Seems such a simple thing, there must be a fix. How else can the phone be switched off? You have to disconnect the battery and that can't be healthy!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones