• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root News for Triumph owners

Subzer0

Android Enthusiast
Dec 15, 2011
McCormick, SC
I know this is not a root post, but I figured everyone with a Triumph visits here more than they do the general area.

I received this email yesterday and figured it would interest everyone in the community!!

Trade in your Motorola device to upgrade to Jelly Bean and get a $100 rebate.

Have a great day!

Edit: Seems there are no phones for Virgin Mobile in the upgrade. Well that sucks. Virgin Mobile is the only company with this phone, yet there is no upgraded phone on VM. Sorry guys.

The folks at Motorola must have scored some good CRACK! I am not going to spend more money to replace a phone that's not even a year old (I got mine in Feb). Virgin Mobile currently does not offer any alternative from Motorola anyways. I just want to reiterate to Motorola AND Virgin Mobile THANKS FOR NOTHING.

I may upgrade in about 2 years when 4G makes it's appearance in my area (if it happens in 2 years, it could take longer).

Reading between the lines, I am relying on the MTDev gentlemen to develop their behinds off and deliver to us MT users a fully functional (at least with a functional camera :D) Jellybean ROM. I have faith in their abilities!!!!

Upvote 0
The folks at Motorola must have scored some good CRACK! I am not going to spend more money to replace a phone that's not even a year old (I got mine in Feb). Virgin Mobile currently does not offer any alternative from Motorola anyways. I just want to reiterate to Motorola AND Virgin Mobile THANKS FOR NOTHING.

I may upgrade in about 2 years when 4G makes it's appearance in my area (if it happens in 2 years, it could take longer).

Reading between the lines, I am relying on the MTDev gentlemen to develop their behinds off and deliver to us MT users a fully functional (at least with a functional camera :D) Jellybean ROM. I have faith in their abilities!!!!

Yep, pretty much a useless offer that just allows them to fulfill their part of the "promise" to either upgrade phones to ICS or offer a credit toward a newer phone. No good whatsoever if your carrier doesn't have another Motorola phone! Said it before & I'll say it again- Motorola = a**monkeys. ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones