• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Nexus 5 + TF701 or Import Padfone 4

jhawkkw

Chinchillin'
Jul 30, 2011
Washington, DC
Alright, I can't do anything at this point but I'm still thinking it over. My choice I'm having is to either:

1. Nexus 5 (I'm guessing ~$350 based on history) & Asus TF701 ($500)
  2. Import the newly introduced 4th Gen Padfone with 10.1' tablet dock($640 for the phone, $240 for the tablet)

Price wise they're pretty close to the same. One potential drawback about the padfone is that it's only going to be compatible with AT&T HSPA and refarmed T-Mobile HSPA, no North American LTE frequencies are supported. However, the advantage is that I'll have a 10 inch tablet with cellular radios through the phone itself without having to worry about a second data package or messing around with tethering. Asus does provide an unlock tools for the bootloaders, so that won't be an issue either.

So what do you all think?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones