• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Nexus 6 or Moto X Pure?

huffbanger

Jun 24, 2010
I'm torn between the Nexus 6 at $250(subsidized) or the Moto X Pure for $400. I haven't physically seen either. I know the X has better specs, but specs with today's phones vary little when it comes to actual performance. (My wife has the Note 5 and I have the Note 3 and I see little difference). Is the Nexus too big? Will the TFT screen in the X look drastically different(worse) than the Amoled screen in the Nexus? I'm basically looking to seek the advice from actual Nexus 6 users and see if you have any regrets. Thanks for any input.....

Mark

Reactions: Rajbir Lorriet
The Nexus 6 is on sale at Amazon for $350 for the 32GB and $400 for the 64GB. Save you money to buy one outright and get off-contract. I just ordered one in blue, it's on the way.

The Pure has roughly equivalent hardware to the Nexus 6. The edge goes to the Pure for the camera and CPU, edge to the Nexus 6 for screen resolution, battery, and a big one for me, wireless charging. Well, cameras aren't a high priority for me, the Nexus 6 camera is fine and the Snapdragon 805 must be good enough because the phone is fast and silky-smooth.

Upvote 0
Thanks for everyone's input. I have two lines and one of them was just extended 2-years, extending the other one is no big deal. I guess the best thing is to go down to Bestbuy and actually pick one up and see if it's too big. This might sound dumb, but the one feature I like about the X is that I can "karate chop" the phone to have the flashlight come on. I use the flashlight feature almost as much as I use the phone for actual calls! Thanks again!!

Upvote 0
Just to follow up.....I purchased the Moto X Pure AND the Nexus 6 with the intent on sending one of them back. Turns out I'm sending the Moto X back. It all came down to amoled vs. TFT. The viewing angle and contrast is far better on the Nexus 6. The Moto X screen is good, but not amoled good. If you're a plasma TV lover you'll understand. The build quality, speakers and everything else are about equal. I guess it comes down to this: If you want a great screen and decent camera-go with the 6. If you want a good screen and good/great camera-go with the Moto X. I'd be happy with either, I just like the quality and the size of the screen on the Nexus. I have a DSLR if I want to take great pictures.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones