• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Nexus 6p on MetroPCS?

seanfodonnell

Oct 26, 2011
Ive been on metro for years. I've had "metro" phones and UN-locked phones NEVER had a issue. Now with this Nexus 6p I can't get it to work on Metro. I'm on build MHC19I, I've taken the march update. I've got it to work a for a few minutes, but eventually it losses data, cant call, and then doesn't see sim. I've tried 3 sims, no good.

please help

I got my 6p almost a week ago and was having the same problems. First you should take the sim out and put it back in, once the boot process is finished, go into settings, go into more under wireless settings, choose cellular networks, then access point names, click on each metro option and delete them all. T-Mobile default APN should appear, then choose the first one, change the name to MetroPcs and the APN to fast.metropcs.com click save and that's it. Everything should work WiFi calling, volte, and everything else. Hope this helps.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones