• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Nexus 7 2013 (Battery Issue) on lollipop

Hello guys! I've received my shiny new nexus 7 2013 yesterday but I've noticed that my battery life is quite bad... I don't know if it's because of the device or is it because i recently updated to lollipop. I've heard that people are having problems with their battery when they updated to lollipop. So i don't know if it is just my OCD or my tablet has a really suckish battery life

Ps: i get around 6 hours on a straight, light to moderate use, wifi is always turned on, I've decreased the brightness (i would say that im in 10%), I've tried every battery saving technique but still... I get 6 hrs.

Thank you for responding!! :)

PS: here is my battery stat :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-04-01-17-31-00.png
    Screenshot_2015-04-01-17-31-00.png
    70.1 KB · Views: 95
Upvote 0
And project Volta (started with lollipop) promised such great battery life too. It should get better soon.
That said mine does pretty good. I don't use it constantly all day though. I have a 45 minute drive to work and I drive a co worker with me. I download movies the night before and we watch them on the drive. When I get to work I shut it off for the day. Back on for the drive home and it stays on all night. I use it on and off throughout the evening. But when not in use I set it on a wireless charger so it never gets a chance to die. On the weekends though i forget to drop it on the charger a lot and it still fairs pretty good. Granted I have it rooted running xposed framework with greenify. That makes its standby time fairly infinite.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones