• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Nexus 7 Watering Hole

Can I use that even though I have Clockwork?

Use it to save root and flash stock recovery. Then after you take the ota, restore root. You may then use it to install clockwork or twrp. Or you can reflash the version of clockwork you had originally (which may be the same offered by the app). I can swear by this method.

Rundown.

Read all the way through before starting, please and thank you.

1. Install Android Root Toolkit by Scary Alien.
2. Open app (grant root permissions, of course.
3. Save Root.
4. Flash Stock Recovery.
4b. Backup all apps using Titanium Backup.
5. Take OTA.
6. Open ART and restore root.
7. Using ART or your previous method for installing custom recovery, flash custom recovery.

*You may want to make a nandroid before any of this.

Good that helps buddy!

jmar

Reactions: halon
Upvote 0
:D

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1346663088048.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1346663088048.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 79
Upvote 0
I should be able to put a Nexus 7 right in this spot. I just need to figure out how without using one of those fugly windowshield/dashboard suction cup holders. right now my only thought is styrofoam. That space is 9'' wide.

300892_2342095289941_1596454748_n.jpg

New idea. I need a block of styrofoam, or something similar, and I'll cut it down to fit. I'll have to cut out a slot in he block to put the N7 in. Then I need fiberglass, cant find locally what I need, to fit over it and sand it to make smooth.

Upvote 0
Just ran out to Game Stop and picked up their Wireless Game Controller for Android Tablets.
Gotta say it's pretty darn good!
Tablet Wireless Bluetooth Controller for Android | GameStop

Of course it won't pair with my high end fancy pants tablet, but it has a sticker on the box that says, "Compatible with the new Google Nexus 7 Tablet", so I was playing some ShadowGun THD in no time flat.

Gonna go post about it on the forum proper.

Upvote 0
Reactions: CrackBaby
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I just got this from Google.

Hello,
Thank you for being one of the first users of the Google Wallet app and for activating your Google Prepaid Card. Since we recently launched the ability to use any debit or credit card in Google Wallet, we are going to discontinue the Google Prepaid Card soon.

Important dates affecting your Google Prepaid Card

• September 17, 2012: You will no longer be able to add funds to your Google Prepaid Card or add a new Google Prepaid Card to a new device. Please be aware that resetting the Google Wallet app after this date will remove the Google Prepaid Card and you will not be able to re-add the card. Find out more at http://www.google.com/wallet/prepaid-refund/faq.html
  • October 17, 2012: Your Google Prepaid Card will disappear from the Google Wallet app and you won

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones