• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Nexus 7 won't charge

abdiman

Lurker
Nov 17, 2012
I recently updated my nexus to 4.2 and usually when the battery goes dead I stick it on charge and the battery charge up screen comes up with the black background. Now I put it on charge and it actually turns on straight away to the lock screen but then turns back off due to low battery. This continues to happen even though I've had it on charge for 2 hours.

Does anyone think its the update? It never used to come on straight away to the lock screen before.

This has to do with a bug in 4.2. There are other people including myself that have had charging issues after the 4.2 update. I can no longer change on the stock charger because it either doesn't charge or charges very little. The only way I can now charge is with my Touchpad charger. If you read other forums you'll come across people with the same issue.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones