• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Nexus One/Two Sales Predictions Soften For 2010/2011

phandroid

Admin News Bot
Apr 12, 2008
The Nexus One had an outstanding amount of hype prior to its release – and rightfully so – but sales of Google’s first phone in their new distribution channel haven’t taken off and analysts are noticing. Goldman Sachs has slashed their original estimates of 3.5 million units in 2010 to a paltry 1 million. Even [...]

More...

I think the biggest problem the Nexus One is having is that Google decided to sell it exclusively themselves. If they were in most of (heck, one) of the carrier's stores they'd be selling a ton of them. It's a quality device, it's just that people want to mess around with it hands on before they plunk down the cash for it.

Should Google change their mode of sale I could foresee a huge bump in sales - I'm sure they see this path as well.

Upvote 0
If there would be more plans to choose from, I 'might' have chosen to stay with T-Mobile, despite their plans offering a bit less features and coverage and cost a bit more compared to Sprint. For me, the Phone is worth it. But having only one plan offered, my decision to go with Sprint is Sealed. Come early April, I'm switching carriers.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones