• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Nexus S 4G Rooting Tool! (Windows-only, for now)

arc07693

Lurker
Dec 21, 2011
I know there are many rooting scripts and programs out there for various phones, including the NS4G, but I thought I'd take a shot and write my own.

It comes with all components (ADB, ClockworkMod recovery, Fastboot, and Superuser) on the latest versions.

Download the Nexus S 4G Root Tool here!

Make sure you read the readme before doing anything. It comes in both a Word and a non-Word version.

I built this from scratch based on my own NS4G, and have tested it many times, and it works.

Let me know what you guys think! :D

EDIT: I'm currently working on a hybrid rooting + unrooting tool. It will be written using Visual Basic, instead of a simple batch script converted into an EXE.

Reactions: BenChase7
2n09fkw.png

After enabling USB debugging. As would be expected, nothing works after this point.

Windows 7 Home Premium x64

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones