• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help NFL Application??

It's not about affording it. I can afford an additional $10 to my $100 bill. It's about principle. The NFL is not getting a dime of my money...

The NFL got $720 Million from Verizon for the rights- I'd hazard a guess that some of that was yours ;)

Verizon Strikes Deal to Carry NFL's RedZone Channel - WSJ.com

I am definitely NOT a fan of getting nickeled and dimed for services that I could get for free if rooted, but it's tough to argue this particular 10 bucks a month. I'm thinking sign up for V-Cast for the football season, get all the Thursday night games for $40-50, then cancel the V-Cast. Not such a bad hit at less than $2.50 a game, right?

Upvote 0
I watched the RZ channel on the Dinc during the first set of games yesterday via WiFi, and I must say it was pretty neat to have it on. I was watching my Colts get decimated by the Texans and I had the RZ volume turned down so I could just kind of catch what was going on. Then when my game was on a break, I'd mute the TV and turn up the phone to catch up on what was going on with the other games.

My only complaint was that it seemed to drop the network fairly often. I'd watch for 10-15 minutes flawlessly, and then the video would stop and an error message would pop up. All I had to do was click on the "play" button and it started right back up, but a couple of times it happened with really bad timing and I missed a play I would have liked to have seen.

All in all, though, it was good and I could see paying for this during the season for someone who was a big NFL fan like myself.

Upvote 0
I called Verizon because I had the NFL app loaded before the date but lost it when I had the phone replaced. They told me they couldn't fix it.

However, they were nice and I thought they went beyond the effort I expected to make sure I understood the situation and was OK with it.

I wish I could use this app, but I dont want to spend the $10 a month for VCast at the moment.

Upvote 0
I was lucky enough to have downloaded the app when I got the Incredible at launch, so I'm not paying any extra dimes there. We were watching the Redzone channel at lunch since all they had was the Pats/Bengals playing. My iPhone buddy thought it was cool. Now the NFL To Go app was another story. All it did was force close or say "the requested video feed is not available" when I tried to select a game...

Upvote 0
I called Verizon because I had the NFL app loaded before the date but lost it when I had the phone replaced. They told me they couldn't fix it.

However, they were nice and I thought they went beyond the effort I expected to make sure I understood the situation and was OK with it.

I wish I could use this app, but I dont want to spend the $10 a month for VCast at the moment.

You should call back. As mentioned above, it is supposed to be tied to the phone number, not the phone... My brother is on his 2nd replacement Droid and it still works (free). I will find out tomorrow or Wednesday when my replacement Droid comes. I will try to remember to update this thread...

Upvote 0
You should call back. As mentioned above, it is supposed to be tied to the phone number, not the phone... My brother is on his 2nd replacement Droid and it still works (free). I will find out tomorrow or Wednesday when my replacement Droid comes. I will try to remember to update this thread...

I will email back but he called me and emailed me. I will see what he says.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones