• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Night time clock - airplane mode on/off

burkeam

Lurker
Nov 4, 2011
NW OH
New from the Crackberry world and trying to get reprogrammed to Android. I'm missing another great feature from the berry that Android can't do however I'm sure there is a app that will.

I programmed my berry to turn off from 10:30pm until 5:30 am. During this time I would not hear or see anything from my phone -which is great as I am a very light restless sleeper. At 5:30 the phone would turn on/wake up and 5:45 the alarm would go off.

Question: Does anyone know of a app where you can program your phone to go in/out of airplane mode on a schedule.

I've tried 6 or more clocks with no luck. I really don't need suggestion on my habits but input on phone features. I don't see the practicality of forcing the thing into airplane mode every night and then forgetting to take it back out the next morning just to miss the important call. I know some of you need to sleep with your phone and aren't bothered by drunken or random texts at 3:30am but I am.

Sorry for the long rambling but in short I want to automate my schedule for unplugged time.

all that aside
thanks in advance for you input.

Burke

Bedside might work for what you want. You can set all or any subset of sounds and the display to silent or off. It won't set it to airplane mode specifically, but the options allow for mimicking this.

Short of that, you can probably set something up with Tasker, though I don't use the app so someone else may chime in on setup with that app coupled with the stock alarm.

Upvote 0
MyProfiles will do that. I use it for a similar purpose - I don't set it to Airplane mode, I just set up a Night mode where everything is set to silent and vibration off, but it does have the option to control Airplane mode if you want it to. You can set different schedules for different days of the week so you can have a lie-in at weekends if you want. Not as powerful as Tasker, but will do what the OP wanted and simpler to set up and use.

Upvote 0
This should help, for I work second shift hours and use this app. "Timerriffic". It will allow you to create profiles as to day of the week and time schedule, to turn on/off airplane mode, turn down screen brightness and you can change the vols. for notifications, etc. (There are other setting too.) It works really well and I love this app. For the alarm, just use your stock alarm for that. Make sure that the alarm sound is on when you set up the profile.

Timerriffic - YouTube

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones