1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support No 3G/4G service?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by callmecolt, Feb 2, 2014.

1. callmecolt

callmecolt Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 25, 2011
    Everyone,

I woke up this morning and noticed my phone had no 4G or 3G service. I've gone all day without it thinking it may have been a network issue. No one else is having this problem that I know, so it must be my phone. I've tried a restart, battery pull, and a factory reset. No luck. The only thing that happened to the phone before this was it took a decent fall. I still get the 1x service and can get data, but very slow. Has anyone else had this issue?

Thanks.

Advertisement

2. Rukbat

Rukbat Android Expert
    None

Jan 16, 2012
    Male
    Being retired and writing Tasker tasks.
    Fayetteville, NC, USA
    I'm guessing that the fall did one of two things. It either damaged the high speed radio (expensive) or it knocked the antenna out alignment (cheap). Wither one could be done by just a hard tap on a wooden table.

3. JKH62

JKH62 Member
    None

Aug 2, 2012
    USA
    I lost 4G connectivity twice and both times it was a bad SIM card. Went to the Vz store and they swapped it out (free) and back in action. I still had 3G though.

4. rjglenn

rjglenn Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 17, 2010
    Firefighter, agrimechanic
    North Florida
    If you are the original owner and the phone is on the line it was purchased for then it's still under warranty. Since you have already done everything that they will have you do to trouble shoot it. Jump through the hoops, get a working replacement. I'd specifically not mention anything about it falling. It's supposed to be a rugged phone but their guidelines are the same across all makes & models.

When the phone fell it may have had a weak solder joint that broke loose from the fall. Clearly a manufacturer defect yet your claim would likely be denied because of the fall.

5. callmecolt

None

Jun 25, 2011
    Thanks everyone. I tried to go to the store and told them it just stopped working. They tried to replace the SIM with no luck. Since the phone would not get data service, the new SIM would not even activate! I'm stuck now with a phone that wont call! Luckily, I still have my old Commando, and activated that until the new one arrives.

I didn't mention the fall at all, just played dumb. "Umm, my phone won't load Facebook!"

The Commando 4G is definitely not as rugged as it's older brother.

Again, thank you for all the feedback everyone.

6. callmecolt

None

Jun 25, 2011
    Got my replacement phone and am back up and running. The camera on this phone seems to work much better than the last. Wonder if something was wrong with that and I didn't know it?