• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help no contacts displayed via bluetooth in Ford Mondeo

javajiver

Lurker
Aug 20, 2013
Have connected my S3 mini via Bluetooth to my 09 Mondeo titanium. Can make and receive calls ok, but the address book is not displayed on the dashboard (digital display). (nor are call details - in/out/missed, etc). Have tried selecting "display only contacts on the phone" option (as the car manual states, but without success. (have also tried "display all contacts", and "display SIM only contacts").
My last phone (HTC wildfire) worked ok (altho the contacts were displayed "last name/first name" order, but I lived with that).
Any offers of help or advice would be much appreciated - thanx

Hi I have a 07 focus, I believe you have the same Sony head unit in your Mondeo.
I have the same that the contacts are displayed last name first but like you I 'live with it'

Sometimes when connecting my I9300 like you I can make and receive calls ok but no contacts /lists are displayed only 'redial'
Turning the head unit off/on leaving the phone in it's connected bluetooth on state to force a reconnection usually solves the issue, instantly. I would try completely de-bonding (deleting) all the phones from the head unit then a new from scratch set up to 'bond' the pair again making sure you wait a few seconds after for the phone to ask you to allow contact sharing permanently.

Reactions: javajiver
Upvote 0
I debonded all active phones, and rebonded the S3, as suggested, and hey presto ! it burst into life ! The address book seems to take a long time to load (still), but it seems to continue working ok. Still having the same problem with last name/first name order display of entries, and have duplicate entries displayed (but I think that's because the shop messed up copying my address book from sim to phone).
Many thanx for your advice Chazey2, much appreciated !

Upvote 0
I debonded all active phones, and rebonded the S3, as suggested, and hey presto ! it burst into life ! The address book seems to take a long time to load (still), but it seems to continue working ok. Still having the same problem with last name/first name order display of entries, and have duplicate entries displayed (but I think that's because the shop messed up copying my address book from sim to phone).
Many thanx for your advice Chazey2, much appreciated !

Your welcome.

Upvote 0
Hi, it is possible to change the display order on the phone from given name first, i.e. David, Ian, etc; to family name first (surname). Whether this will change the display on your car headunit I can't say. Phil
I think the switch on the phone would work with the head unit but then you will have the annoying problem on the phone.
I use my bluetooth connection in the car a lot and it's surprising how quickly you get used to it when looking up a number, in fact it may be a deliberate thing as it seems way quicker (less fiddling while driving).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones