• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help No internal mic with headphones!?

D

DeGozaru

Hey everybody!

I've recently splashed out on a very decent pair of headphones, and am having trouble using the mic built in to them.

Basically, they have two interchangeable cords which lead to a 3.5mm jack, one of which has a built in mic with controls for Play/Pause, Skip Next/Previous and the ability to answer and end calls. Unsurprisingly, the built in mic does not work with my Incredible S, neither do the track skip buttons. However I am able to play and pause tracks.

Honestly, I'm more than accepting that 100% compatibility is a rare thing now days, but my second problem is that even when I have the headphones plugged in, I can't even use the phones own mic to speak through.
Music will fade, I'll get the ringing sound and can hear the other person perfectly but they can't hear me at all.
Is this a "fault" or a feature?

I used to be able to do this with my iPhone, and I've gotta' admit that I miss it.

I've had an entire day of Google searching and browsing the forums to find out if there are others out there with the same problem, but most of the threads are out of date and for now obsolete phones.

Any help would be great guys. Thanks

Any replies to this?
I use a pair of Altec Lansing headphones that I used on my old Desire, they don't have any built in mic or remote they are pure 3.5mm playback only headphones, when I used the Desire when I was listening to music and a incoming call came, I'd be able to talk to the person by holding the phones' mic to my mouth. With the Incredible I tried that today for the first time and the caller couldn't hear me, I had to pull out the headphones and use the phone.
Is there anything to be done to get the phones mic working?
Cheers.

Upvote 0
same same.
i was using sony ericsson x10 mini pro.
i could answer incoming calls conveniently even when i am listening to music. the music fades, ringtones comes on, then press answer, and WAHLAH, just talk near the phone, no need to disconnect headphones.

but i can't do that with the incredible s either... sad. TOTALLY SAD.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones