• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

No ipods, iphones, ipads or MacBooks for Melinda Gates

I bet they all use Linux! :p

In all seriousness, Of course they all own and handle each other's products. how else would the CEO know what the competition is fielding?

He doesn't need to personally own and use one to have one available at work for research purposes. And really, I'm pretty sure the CEO of Microsoft isn't sitting in his office playing with an iPhone to figure out how to make the Windows Phone 7 Series OS compete with it. They have whole Reasearch & Developement divisions for that. I'm sure they have a few Android and Apple phones there for research.

Upvote 0
This is old "news"! Imagine if you were using products from your biggest competitor? It would look really bad for your own company and show that you feel that theirs is better. Also.. it would work out the same way if Steve Jobs' child(ren) wanted an HP or something.

Right on. Did you know people who work for Coca-Cola can actually be fired if they buy a Pepsi product? It's in their contract.

Upvote 0
Poor kids? really? Im not sure if that was added by the OP or Giz but that just show me they dont understand 'owning your own business' and supporting it no matter what. why would this be a shocker to people is way beyond me. Like others has stated, why in the world would you use competitors products? Its just common sense, right? If i OWN (i mean own not work there) let said a porsche dealership, i wouldnt roll up in a audi or benz. Or a store, i wouldnt go to walmart because its cheaper. I would support my own store even if it cost 10x as much. If you dont support your products/company how can you expect your customers to? "Do as I say not as I do" doesnt work. adidas for example does not allow their employees to wear any competitors products while at work. Employess gripes about it but i guess they dont own their own business so they dont understand the meaning of "Support what supports you".

Reactions: Hrethgir
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones