• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

No kitkat for the US F6?

Yeah, I remember some one from LG posting they decided to send free phones with KitKat rather than release update. Sometime around the 5th quarter. You can take that to the bank.

Sarcasm is the point. Pretty close to the truth though from what we have seen, I believe I've heard people saying reps telling them April, June, July ect.. I would guess that this phone is getting pretty close to the discontinued list with Christmas coming up and you know that would lock it in for self development only. And with saying that, I hope none of the above mentioned is true and we get the update, that would make for a very fun time in our F6 forums for a bit. :)

Upvote 0
You know, anything can happen. Prior to buying the F6 I had a Samsung Galaxy Light T-399 (JB 4.2.2). It was released about the same time as the F6. The Light was a great phone but I ruined it by dropping it in the water. I still check in on the forums for it though. Guess what? MetroPCS is offering it for a fantastic price...with KitKat preinstalled. Check it out if interested. Gives a glimmer of hope since the Light is/was also considered end-of-life.

Upvote 0
I remember being told different quarters, by different sources.

Pro's: The 505 EU Model got a KitKat OTA, so most likely LG has it.
Since LG Probably already has it they will most likely dumb it to the public some time in the future (Doesn't help if no ones using the phone, and data dump is not an OTA update).

Cons:
Time has come and gone. Nothing. No word from them. Whole quarters pass.
The 505 and 500 are almost identical, since they released the 505 it means they probably already have the 500 ready to go but wont be releasing it.

Maybe they think the money they will make by people buying new phones is more than that of what they will lose by pissing off some of their customers.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones