• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

No Maps sound.

freightguy70

Lurker
Dec 11, 2021
Hey all. I can't find an answer. I've also reached out to Google but nothing.

Problem: Google Maps will not play sound thru any Bluetooth headset when I'm on a phone call. As soon as I hang up I hear Maps. I'm a local truck driver who's on the phone a lot and use maps to find delivery stops.

My set up is a Pixel 5 and Blue Parrot 450xt. The other weird thing is the caller id no longer comes thru my headset. It just reads off some random numbers.

I've reset Blue Parrot. Reset phone. Checked all permissions. Nada.

This didn't happen until I got the Android 12 update.

Any thoughts?

Have you tried Maps - Settings - Navigation Settings

I never got to grips with Bluetooth issues using another persons car occasionally now. No longer having my own - but there's probably something in there.

Screenshot_2021-12-11-23-46-12-406_com.google.android.apps.maps.jpg

Upvote 0
If it remember correctly @codesplice has a Pixel 5.

I have a (dying) Pixel 2, but as that never received A12 and you did not have this problem with A11 I probably can't help (my Pixel 2 has no problem with bluetooth speakers, though I haven't ever used that with Maps navigation). Is the problem specific to Maps navigation or do you have problems with bluetooth speakers generally?

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
If it remember correctly @codesplice has a Pixel 5.

I have a (dying) Pixel 2, but as that never received A12 and you did not have this problem with A11 I probably can't help (my Pixel 2 has no problem with bluetooth speakers, though I haven't ever used that with Maps navigation). Is the problem specific to Maps navigation or do you have problems with bluetooth speakers generally?
It's only when I'm on a phone call. It works when I'm not on phone call

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
It's only when I'm on a phone call. It works when I'm not on phone call
Ah. I'd expect a phone to mute media during a call, so maybe it's treating the navigation voice the same as music?

Have you checked the settings in Maps? As @Madd61 notes, under Navigation one of the options is "Play voice during phone calls" - that's enabled on my phone, but it's probably worth checking it didn't get changed on yours. (I'm repeating this suggestion since I had typed most of this before I realised that it had already been posted! ;)).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones