• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help No OTG after Jellybean Update

I just checked my JB updated 2 7.0 Tab (4.1.1 and not rooted) and a mouse doesn't work with the OTG USB adapter when directly connected to the Tab. I think it did work with ICS but I'm not sure. Using a powered USB Hub it works with both the mouse and USB memory sticks. It didn't work with USB mem sticks directly connected to the Tab with ICS and it reported they required too much power and the 5V power was removed from the USB port. It did power the mouse when directly connected and didn't give any error message but didn't work.

Upvote 0
I can confirm: on Xperia T no usb host function after Jelly Bean Firmware update. I before the firmware update have used the tivizen pico dvb-t stick. Now, after the firmware update, the dvb-t sick did not work. The stick needs usb host function of phone to work

Many thanks for confirming my suspicion. I should add that my SGT2 no longer recognizes memory sticks via the OTG adapter. This is a real bummer.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones