• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help No text ringtone at times galaxy s4

All of my notifications worked except for text message notifications. Only vibration worked when I received a text message. All of the settings were correct. I finally figured out that the culprit was AT&T's bloatware called AT&T Messages. I had to disable AT&T Messages then everything worked fine.

Settings>More tab>Application manager>ALL>AT&T Messages

Clear cache.

Uninstall updates if there are any installed then Disable the app then Force stop.

Restart your phone and if this was your issue and all the settings are correct for notification sound, text notification sound should work. If you are not with AT&T then I don't know what else could be causing the issue.

Reactions: engineeress
Upvote 0
Thanks so much for your post. As result of reading it, I was able to resolve my husband's issue. A week ago, he stopped receiving notifications for text messages on his S4. This event coincided with a new billing cycle and his traveling out of our home region, so I wasn't sure if it was a carrier issue, phone problem, ...
Today I followed your advice and disables AT&T Messaging on his phone. Immediately, notifications reappeared. Thank you!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones