• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help No videos work on my droid...

mongox9x

Lurker
Feb 4, 2010
All of the videos on my droid won't play anymore. It always just says "sorry this video cannot be played". But its not just youtube, it's evrything. I've tried downloading the videos to my phone and the same thing comes up. I even tried to play videos I recorded with my phone in the gallery and still the same message pops up. I'm pretty pissed off, I just got this phone a little while ago and then this happens? It's extremely frustrating, I don't know if I should return this thing or if its something that can be fixed, either way, I'm very dissapointed with this phone.

Now we just have figure out what causes this annoying behavior.

For me, it's not just video, but audio files too. Music files will not play. Voice notes I recorded earlier and played back once, suddenly will not play. I have tried to correlate various actions with the onset of this problem, but so far, no luck.

Fortunately, the phone powers down and back up pretty fast, so recovery doesn't take very long, but it's still a pain and should not be needed. Almost like running early versions of WDOZ.:eek:

Also be on the lookout for the "constant sync" problem, which I, and several others have experienced.

I am praying that a new release (2.1) will fix these issues.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones