• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Non responsive Kies! ARGH!

Mittwoch

Lurker
Jul 19, 2011
Hey guys, just got an S2. everything is fine. Apart from Kies. Possibly the worst piece of software that I have ever used! I've tried, uninstalling & re-installing, restarting after installation, but nada. Everytime I click on it, it takes 10 minutes to do anything, or just freaks and shuts down. Is there anything other Android syncing software that I can use?

Cheers!

It really depends what you are trying to achieve and exactly what you are interesting in syncing, but your opinion of Kies is almost universally shared. It is one of the most (justly) derided pieces of software I have come across.

Sadly there is no elegant solution like iTunes is on a Mac, where you hardly have to do anything other than click a small number of obvious buttons.

I use SyncMate for calendar and contacts, iSyncr for music and if I just want to copy files to or from the SGS2 I mount the drives as USB on my Mac or Linux computers. There are quite a few other options for syncing such as Salling, Missing Sync, DoubleTwist (music only I think) are the first three that occur to me but there are plenty more.

Desktop integration has been the one big letdown for me moving from an iPhone to Android. On my Mac, perhaps unsurprisingly given an all Apple environment, my iPhone synced reliably and without any effort - it was elegant and utterly simple. It is not possible to achieve this at the moment with an Android phone and a Mac and, as far as I know, the same is true for Windows and Linux users.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones