1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General nook app - 17.5MB?!?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by grvthang, Aug 10, 2010.

1. grvthang

grvthang Android Enthusiast
    None

Jan 5, 2010
    Brooklyn, NY
    Without turning this thread into a nook versus kindle versus aldiko debate:

I just downloaded a book to read on the nook app. After I did that, I went into "Applications" in my phone's settings, and I noticed that the nook app is taking up 17.5MB (17.42 application, 76.0 data)! In the Market, it says it's 5.21MB - that's still a lot, but not 17.5.

WTF?!? What a load of crap. Now I guess I'll have to root, just to be able to run apps off my sd card.

Advertisement

2. Demache

Demache Android Expert
    None

Apr 18, 2010
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Seems to be designed for newer phones with oodles of internal memory, which is obviously not the case with the Eris. But its a good excuse to root, since its nice being able to install tons of apps without worrying about your phone's memory. I can't believe I didn't use Apps2SD sooner!

3. mc48

mc48 Android Enthusiast
    None

Jan 17, 2010
    so. east, usa
    i had been using aldilko and then download the nook app when it recentlly came out. I saw the 17.5 mb and was like wtf to. The other day I deleted both of these apps because I find my phone not too conducive (for me anyway) to reading ebooks. I went ahead and broke down and bought a nook after they reduced the price and put out a wifi only model, $149. I love it!