• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

nook app - 17.5MB?!?

grvthang

Android Enthusiast
Jan 5, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
Without turning this thread into a nook versus kindle versus aldiko debate:

I just downloaded a book to read on the nook app. After I did that, I went into "Applications" in my phone's settings, and I noticed that the nook app is taking up 17.5MB (17.42 application, 76.0 data)! In the Market, it says it's 5.21MB - that's still a lot, but not 17.5.

WTF?!? What a load of crap. Now I guess I'll have to root, just to be able to run apps off my sd card.

i had been using aldilko and then download the nook app when it recentlly came out. I saw the 17.5 mb and was like wtf to. The other day I deleted both of these apps because I find my phone not too conducive (for me anyway) to reading ebooks. I went ahead and broke down and bought a nook after they reduced the price and put out a wifi only model, $149. I love it!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones