• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help not compatible due to the carrier firmware package on that particular SKU

Sands Jason

Lurker
Mar 26, 2020
Hello all. I don't see a sticky on what information you need so I'll post some and follow-up as needed.

Model: SM-G965U Verizon (default time unlocked by Verizon)
Hardware version: REV1.1
FCC ID: A3LSMG965U
SERIAL: RF8KC...
Phone status: Official
Android Version: 10
Baseband version: G965USQU7DTA8
Kernel version: 4.9.186
Build number: QP1A.190711.020.G965USQU7DTA8
Service provider SW ver: SAOMC_SM-G965U_OYN_VZW_QQ_0008_4559465250413098

I am attempting to move from Verizon to Visible (a Verizon subsidiary). My IMEI did not check as compatible with Visible and this is what the level three rep replied with:

Quote:
"I did some digging and it looks like we have compatibility with*most*Galaxy S9+s. I double checked your IMEI and it is not compatible due to the carrier firmware package on that particular SKU, apologies about that!" :End Quote

[1] What is the suggested solution to change to a carrier firmware package that will work?
[1a] I believe you change this with Odin?
[1b] The Samsung Unlocked version does not work with Visible.
[2] Will it require to setup the phone again?
[3] Will Samsung Pay / Secure Folder still work?

UPDATE: I have data and mobile hotspot working with my S9+, but still no phone calls or texts. Keep that in mind if you need an unlimited device for data.

Thanks

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones