• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Not feeling the GB love here quite yet

Ok, so I smoked the Big Red supplied Gingercrack rock this morning, OTA. :p

The first thing I noticed is the battery remaining percentile is missing from the battery settings area. And you have to dig to get to the 0-100 graph. That's just stupid IMO.

Now. We ARE having bad, stormy weather here today and it has gotten worse (cloudier) since I did the DL but I was not able to get on WiFi (on what I admit is right now not the best reception) and the 3G was barely there.

I did some sniffing and found the JuiceDefender IS NOT GB compatible (for now anyway). I uninstalled it and my Wifi is back but both it and 3G are slower than usual. I for now, will attrbute that to the weather. Tomorrow, I will not be nearly as tolerant.

So, right at the moment, I'm seeing less with my GB more than more. :(

I know I should probably give it 24 hrs for the update to settle in before I REALLY start whining.

Bruce in Ocala, FL -

Hello Bruce in Ocala, Fl

i visited there once when i was a kid , went swimming in some natural spring there that was colder than an eskimo's mailbox...

yes try and give it some soak time. I promise you will like it. Maybe throw a few battery pulls at it and check it. BTW have you checked your Quadrant scores lately? It should be much better. The more you play around with GB the more you will like it. Almost everything has been touched in the ui.

Upvote 0
I'm not feeling it either. Was all excited for the past week and feel a little let down lol. How's your battery life? Mine is terrible
battery life is fine for me...i can get at least 24 hours pretty easily...ive gone well over 2 days with minimal use

and my memory keeps dropping below 100. Maybe I have some non compatible apps as well. I will have to check.

forget your memory...Android is not built like Windows...don't worry about your available memory being below 100MB...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones