• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Note 2 Charging Cradle - anyone have this one ??

jim8193

Jul 16, 2011
... has anyone had any experience with this Note 2 charging cradle ...

Dock.jpg

Newegg.com - USB Sync Data Charger Dock Cradle Station Holder For Samsung Note II Note 2 N7100

... it's supposed to work with or without a case - hope it will work with a Commuter Case ...

tia ... :cool:

I received the KiDiGi #LXC-SGN2 Charging Cradle today ...

Well, first things first - it will not accommodate the Galaxy Note2 with the Seidio Active case ...
... & therefore, I would assume it will not work with the Otterbox Commuter case either.
That's very unfortunate as far as I'm concerned, but oh well ...

The cradle does fit the bare phone perfectly, & gives the Note2 plenty support with the taller back of the cradle ...
... I don't feel as if there's too much pressure being put on the plug.
With the removable spacer off, it looks like it will work with one of the very thin cases on the Note2 as well.
It will also charge a 2nd standard battery on the back-side of the unit - nice ...
... & comes with the standard type USB/Outlet plug set up.

It's really too bad that KiDiGi didn't make the "spacer" a little thicker to fit the Note2 with the Commuter & Active type cases.
I'm going to keep the unit, but not sure I'm going to continue to remove the case, just to charge the phone ... :(

... might be time to pull out the ol' dremel ... :rolleyes:

Reactions: twospirits
Upvote 0
I think this picture alone shows that there is no way it would work with any kind of case. That is an extremely tight fit!
Look closely, there's a removable sleeve on it that you pull out to make more room.

Get the smart dock, works with case on , has 3 usb ports and hdmi out and comes with another charger. You can connect keyboard, mouse, monitor, external hdd and just about any usb device.

They are normally $99, if you register your note with Samsung you will receive a 50% off coupon for 10 items.
Except they're back ordered and there's a good chance your coupon will expire before they are back in stock.

This looks like the same dock sold by RND on Amazon. I have one coming.

Upvote 0
Looking at the images on Newegg, I assume that the 2nd battery gets charged upright in the slot, correct?

Thanks for the review

TS

Yes, that is correct on the 2nd battery TS ...

It's really a very nice charger if you're not using one of the thicker cases ...
... quality unit for the $20, or so, price tag ... :cool:

fwiw - one of the egg pics shows the cradle, the plug & 2 cables ...
... it only comes with the cradle, the plug, & 1 USB cable - nbd.

Upvote 0

It's really a very nice charger if you're not using one of the thicker cases ...

Will this work with the flip cases from Samsung?

Upvote 0
Get the smart dock, works with case on , has 3 usb ports and hdmi out and comes with another charger. You can connect keyboard, mouse, monitor, external hdd and just about any usb device.

They are normally $99, if you register your note with Samsung you will receive a 50% off coupon for 10 items.

Except they're back ordered and there's a good chance your coupon will expire before they are back in stock.

... & they are still on B/O ... :(

I ordered a couple of the 1A Travel Chargers & the Spare Battery Charging System last night with the 50% coupon - nice ...
... but, the Smart Dock was still on B/O, & the coupon did not apply to it if you checked out with it in your cart.

Upvote 0

Will this work with the flip cases from Samsung?

guroo - I do not know, as I don't have a flip case ...
... just depends on the thickness of the backside of the flip case - the flip cover wouldn't matter.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones