• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Note 5, is it possible

freekshot

Lurker
Feb 29, 2016
Hey everyone,

im new here so be gentile with me :p.

I have note 3, with custom rom - note 5. It works perfectly.
But i have a quastion. It's maybe more for developers or. if anyone knows such app (i didnt found it)

With note 5 there is a new feature. quick memo on locked screen. its really awesome, but i miss something that would come really handy;

quick memo to text. For example; i want to take a quick note. take out pen and write. But i want this handwriting to transfer to text right away and save. Remember; with note 5, there is no need of turning on your device for a quick memo! That would be splendid :).

Now a quastion: Is this possible to do that somehow and i dont know it? If no... did anyone heard off such app, customization or maybe knows/is a developer and would try to programm it in such way? (i belive it should work like messages. When u handwrite sms it transforms into text right away)

thanks

Well

After you create and save the handwritten action memo in the lock screen, you can go back to it later in S Note, press the S> symbol at bottom right, use the select tool to select the handwriting and "transform" it into text. Works very well but is long winded.

I understand that what you suggest would be useful, but it would mean enabling the keyboard function on a locked screen. I suspect this would compromise security.

Upvote 0
i think it doesnt need to bring up keyboard. it could be automatic.
Now it saves graphic in action memo. in my case it is also graphic but when i click save it automaticly transfer that graphic into text and saves it in s note. that would save me time for all that steps u described.

short version: how to minimize the effort for saving action memo on locked screen and transfering it as text in s note

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones