1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Note 7 Battery Issue

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by projectfx, Aug 22, 2016.

1. projectfx

projectfx Lurker
    None

Aug 22, 2016
    Male
    just got my note 7 on Friday. Things have been going ok, although it does tend to get very hot. Last night i charged it to 100% and set it down on the table, when i came down this morning...it was at 7%. Surely that cant be normal, can it???

Advertisement

2. treedabl

treedabl Newbie
    None

Mar 14, 2012
    Definitely not normal. I left mine off the charge overnight (with always on display off) and I was still at 100% this morning. The other day when I left always on display on, I was at like 96% in the morning.

3. projectfx

projectfx Lurker
    None

Aug 22, 2016
    Male
    went into battery and saw this...

Attached Files:

4. TexandroidSS

TexandroidSS Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 20, 2016
    Male
    Looks like it's been trying to sync with the cloud. Did you let it sync over cloud from your previous phone? I say you're better off using the USB cable and adapter that came included.

5. projectfx

projectfx Lurker
    None

Aug 22, 2016
    Male
    thanks. i disabled the cloud service and its been good since. i sync everyhting with google now, so i dont think i need it. i googled and it looks like these VZ applications are a known issue.

6. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations!

Nov 17, 2009
    Male
    I'm retired: every day's a Monday :P
    Manchester, TN
    Okay, how the heck do you disable apps on the Verizon Note7? Do you have to first replace the app and then disable it? Every time I try to disable bloatware, I'm prompted to cancel or replace.

7. Ranger001

Ranger001 Lurker
    None

Aug 20, 2016
    Male
  8. Riverpilot

Riverpilot Member
    None

Jan 9, 2010
    Chicago
    I just let it replace with the "factory version" and it would disable. :shrug: Dunno if that's the correct way or not.

The_Chief likes this.
  9. Teegunn

Teegunn Android Expert
    None

Apr 7, 2010
    Male
    I just disabled "cloud" in my applications settings. It looks like the cloud app was running a lot, burning battery. Not sure what disabling the cloud app effects however. I also disabled the NFL app - I will never use that one.

EDIT: I also disabled "message +" which is a Verizon app. I use Handcent for my texting and didn't need another messaging app running. So far no negatives, hopefully it won't hurt anyting disabling "messaging +" and "cloud" (which I think is Veriozn cloud).

10. MannyrtFresh

MannyrtFresh Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 5, 2011
    Male
    Planet Earth
    Not saying that doing what it suggest there doesn't help with battery life but I haven't turned off anything crazy and i get 24hrs from my phone at like 4hrs screen on time. That's still using the always on display.

ne0lyfeism likes this.
  11. XrB

XrB Lurker
    None

Aug 23, 2016
    Male
    Did you copy over your phone settings and app to your new phone or start fresh on your Note 7? From my experience, porting over settings and apps from my old phone was convenient but then eventually find stuff that do not work properly. Some issues I found were, overheating, battery drain, bluetooth dropping out, google voice detection is spotty etc. I've learned my lesson and just always start fresh and skip the option to restore my phone settings/apps from my previous phone. I've done this on my old S7Edge and after factory reset the phone just smooth and fast. I did the same thing with my Note 7 and couldn't be happier. No issues, battery lasts me easily in a day. We had power outage last Sunday afternoon and my phone was at 12% as my son was playing some games with it, power came back on around 10pm and was surprised my phone was still on at 5% on standby.

12. PyroSporker

PyroSporker Android Expert
    None

Apr 3, 2010
    I have suspected the same about importing settings imports and such over the years. However, Since I have never imported settings I have no first hand knowledge and no experience or data to back up my suspicions.
    While it may require a little extra work, I always start fresh too and it leads to a much smoother device transition.

Samsung Galaxy Note 7

The Samsung Galaxy Note 7 was launched in 2016, before subsequently being removed from production over battery issues.