Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mellyv357, Jun 4, 2012.
could some one help he my international note keeps shutting down on me what can be causing this
HEre, this info might help people help you.
1. How often does it shut down?
2. has it shut down since the first day you got it?
3. did it start shutting down after you installed a certain program?
4. what 3rd party programs have you installed before it started shutting down?
5. does it actually shut down with the animation, or does the power just die?
6. Does it shut down when idle, or when running any programs?
7. Does it shut down when the screen is on?
8. Does it shut down when the screen is off?
9. Has it ever been dropped?
10. Does it shut down when on battery power?
11. Does it shut down when plugged into power?
1. How often does it shut down? - rarely
2. has it shut down since the first day you got it? - no
3. did it start shutting down after you installed a certain program? - no
4. what 3rd party programs have you installed before it started shutting down? - i don't know, not any I know of..
5. does it actually shut down with the animation, or does the power just die? - it just die.
6. Does it shut down when idle, or when running any programs? idle
7. Does it shut down when the screen is on? nope
8. Does it shut down when the screen is off? yes
9. Has it ever been dropped? yup
10. Does it shut down when on battery power? yup
11. Does it shut down when plugged into power? nope
let me know if u have answer for that...? im just curious thats all..
Sorry, but I have not got an answer for you, I can only confirm that I have experienced the yame problem. Oddly enough I have not seen it recently, but my Note went through a period when it happened once or twice a week. I have also heard of other people with the same problem.
I hope that your Note stabalises as mine did.
sorry to tell you that i was having the same issue with Galaxy Gio, and didn't got fixed until Samsung changed the board.
No updates or Upgrades help, visited them many times and at last changed the board.
before you do this, wipe the internal cache files, it will not wipe ur data, and it helped me when i was have an auto reboot issue with my note.
Do you have any antivirus on your phone. If yes, try uninstalling it and see if it helps.
I thought it did it every now and then to clear memory/cache etc.
Every few days I take it out of my pocket and its waiting for the pin number to be entered. Saying that -even with the lock screen on, if you press and hold the power button it WILL restart. So whats to say pressure in your pocket against you leg/furniture hasnt caused it to restart???? Unless its doing it all the time I wouldnt worry.
This problem exists on the Galaxy Note 2 as well and it is not software related... The phone is flawed and shuts off on it's own under various conditions, all hardware related. Take a look at this video: 20130413_212624.mp4 - YouTube and also this site I built that goes in to more detail regarding the issue: Verizon Galaxy Note 2 Shuts Off
One look at that short video and I am sure there will be some light bulbs going off. Be sure to read the details I provided on that site as well. They go in to detail about the problems that I have had and the lack of proper support that Samsung is willing to provide.